Last week I got all serious on you with my grass-fed rant, so I figured this week I'd mix it up a bit with something fun. I don't usually post recipes here, but this one seemed fitting - after all, what goes together better than chocolate and Valentine's Day?
Unlike your typical store-bought chocolates, which are packed full of sugar (often of the high-fructose corn syrup variety), unhealthy fats, and sometimes even wax (yes, it's true - some of the cheaper varieties of chocolate contain wax as a filler/stabilizer), these chocolates are just the opposite; they're actually healthy!
In fact, instead of all the nastiness listed above, they're full of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats - and they taste like a rich, creamy truffle! How's that for a Valentine's treat that says "I love you"?
As I'm a bit under the weather this weekend (my first cold in almost 2 1/2 years), I wasn't up for much, but these chocolates sound like a nice treat, so I may try my hand at these later tonight....
Coconut Chia Chocolate Fudge
(Recipe courtesy of Early To Rise)
Prep time: 15 minutes | Chill time: 60 minutes | Yield: 25 squares
- ½ cup Organic Virgin Coconut oil
- ½ cup Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Organic Raw Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Organic Vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Chia Seed
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt (optional)
- Melt first 4 ingredients in a medium sauce pan (or over a double boiler) over medium heat and mix until smooth.
- Add Chia Seed and incorporate well.
- Spread into a small glass container and refrigerate until solid (about an hour).
- Cut into squares and savor every single bite!
Give them a try, and let me know how you like them!
I wish all my dear readers a wonderful, sweet, happy Valentine's Day filled with love, kindness, and gratitude!